What Is A GAF Roofer?
There are numerous roofers that you can use. But, before you hire a contractor, you should always check their certifications. But what does a GAF certification mean for a roofer?
A GAF Master Elite certification requires roofers to fulfill several requirements. They must; be licensed and registered, have insurance, offer strong warranties, and have a high customer satisfaction rating. This certification is offered through GAF, a leading provider of roofing materials.
GAF certification is one of the prestigious qualifications within the roofing industry. It’s estimated that only two percent of contractors receive this certification. Read on to learn more about what roofers need to do to become GAF certified and how this will benefit clients.
What Are The Qualifications A GAF Roofer Requires?
To earn a GAF certification, there are a few things that a roofer will need to do. These include:
- Has the appropriate licenses. They will need to be registered and licensed within their state.
- Adequate insurance. They will need to have adequate workman’s compensation. They will also need to have at least $1 million in liability insurance.
- Strong reputation within the community. This will be evaluated by examining the way they are viewed by the Better Business Bureau. Client satisfaction ratings will also be considered.
- They will need to prove that they have strong financials, checked via a credit rating.
- Customer protections. They will need to offer strong GAF warranties, to offer the highest-quality product to their customers.
It should be noted that they will need to be re-evaluated each year to maintain their GAF Master Elite certification.
What Is GAF?
These certifications are provided through GAF (General Aniline & Film). This is the biggest manufacturer of roofing materials in the United States. It’s estimated that one in four houses use GAF shingles on their roofs.
They have been around for over 125 years, creating a wealth of experience. They also remain at the forefront of innovation, winning numerous industry awards, and are known for their quality products. Because of this, GAF roofing materials come with a lifetime warranty.
There are many things to consider when choosing a contractor for a roofing project. But selecting one with a GAF certification will ensure that your roof will be finished to a high standard.